Friday, July 10, 2015

My first time in a tree stand----Taelour's tell

My first time in a tree stand 

  This was my first actual time hunting in a tree stand, Although it wasn't a long time in the stand it still was a great experiance. I plan on doing a lot more of that this coming season. I thought it was going to be scary, and that I was going to fall out of the stand, but it was really fun and I want to do it again. I am going to rewind a bit now to the start of the day to when I was in the ground blind about a half hour before I went to meet up with my dad David March. I was in an open field on a well used trail by my self in an Ameristep Blind trying it out, and my dad had just poured some Shake N Bait out about twenty yards from where I was. Twenty minutes has past and I was beginning to get cold and when I was about to give up on this area I heard some ratteling and moving going on behind me, so as I went to grab my bow the noises stoped and was gone. I was starting to get mad and frustrated but I didn't let that stop me from having a great time hunting in the woods in my first set up by myself. For the first time I was hunting with out my dad sitting close by( thank God for cell phones).

 so about ten minutes went by of me waiting and calling and nothing happend so I texted my dad and said I'm done and its cold so I'm about to pack up and come towards you, so I got everything packed up and ready to go. As I was walking down the trail and I heard something take off as if I had startled it and it ran away, so I kept walking and as I came around this corner two guys was walking along side each other talking loudly and I said to my self "there goes my chances of getting one today" i could hear my dad say" That's public land hunting for ya". So when I finally got to my dads stand he whisperd down to me " you almost just got shot, I thought you where a deer coming this way" he was joking of coarse. As he got down he said " get in and start climbing"; dad likes the hands on teaching methods. Of coarse he let me use his harness with some adjusting. I was happy and scared at the same time. Now I bring you back to where we first started. As I was climbing up I noticed I was very high so it seemed (15ft) according to my dad. So I locked the stand into the tree and turned and sat down and waited, the air was a little more colder in the stand than in the ground blind While in the stand a couple of times I thought I was going to fall because I was shaking so much. Even though I was nervous I learned alot in my time in the woods, and there is still so much to learn. I learn so much when ever I'm out with my dad. Rather it be survival things in the woods or everyday moral and ethicle things. As a female hunter I encourage fathers to spend time with there daughters rather hunting, fishing, walking anything like that. The outdoors are a great place to explore and connect. Not just for fathers and daughters but families all together. My dad is a serious advocate for the outdoors and involving friends and family in the outdoors. I for one am glad he shares his passion with me and others. My sister and brother have been apart of the outdoors in so many ways and have learned the benifits both food and morally of being in the outdoors. In the words of my dad " Being in the outdoors always brings you closer to God",

I look forward to this up coming hunting season. There will be a lot of time in the blind and in a tree stand. I wonder if Gorilla makes a pink Mossy Oak camo climber?

No comments:

Post a Comment