Thursday, September 8, 2011

Remembering the true reason why we hunt

I never new the joy of being a dad until I took my daughter hunting one year and we were sitting in the woods and my youngest daughter Danielle we call her "MOMO" was sitting asking how long we were going to be there and i replied just a couple hours. I later asked if she wanted to shoot this doe that came along she replied "no" I said "huh" confused by the reply from her I was stunned so I replied  to her " then why did you even bother coming hunting with us this morning if you didn't she want to hunt anything she replied " to spend time with my daddy". That was a wake up call that I have been hunting for so long focused on the hunt and harvesting that which I hunted for I forgot the value of the being in the outdoors all together especially with my girls. Don't forget the value and freedom we have in the outdoors and most importantly don't forget or take for granted the lessons and value we can all learn from our children. Click the link and you will see and understand.

click the link to watch video
http://youtu.be/l_EW6CwGjBg

No comments:

Post a Comment